We are now accepting short story submissions!
Are YOU an Alaskan? Born here? Raised here?
Wherever your Alaskan roots stem from, we want to hear from you!
True North is putting on a short story competition and the winner will be published in our 2018 issue!
Here are the details:
– Open to everyone! You don’t have to be a “writer” to submit.
– The story has to be written in a non-fiction format.
– The story has to be a Truly Alaskan based story. (If you call yourself Alaskan, this should be easy!)
– The story must be 500-750 words.
– Submissions MUST be submitted via form (see below) by March 30th for review.
– There is a submission limit of three stories per person.
– Top 3 stories get published online
– Public votes for winner to be printed in True North 2018
If you have any questions or comments please email us at email@example.com.
We can’t wait to read your stories. Now, GET WRITING!
Ready to submit?
Shayne Nuesca was born in the Philippines and raised in Anchorage, Alaska. She likes to tell sociocultural stories using words, audio/visuals, and data. Shayne describes herself as an inherently curious person who wants to know and see the world, which is the reason she became a journalist. In her spare time she tinkers with code and web development.