Heirloom Tomato Antipasti w/ Olive Oil Ice Cream
Yields: makes about 10 servings
1 large red tomato
1 medium green tomato
1 medium small tomato (about 40 ounces total)
Greek and/or Italian olive mix
Molinari soppressata salami
Fresh mozzarella, sliced
Olive oil ice cream (find the recipe here)
Fresh cracked pepper
First, cut the vegetables:
- Cut the heirloom tomatoes to 1/2 inch slices.
- Cut the shallots into fine julienne.
- Pit and cut the olives into fourths.
- Slice the salami into thin strips.Second, prepare the salad mix:
- Rinse and dry arugula.
- Cut the tomatoes and create 4 ounce servings. Store them in a third pan with wax paper.Third, prepare the salad:
- Plate the arugula and arrange the tomatoes with 2 pieces of mozzarella shingled between the tomatoes.
- Arrange 2-3 spoonfuls of olive mix around the plate, a small amount of shallot, and salami.
- Drizzle some olive oil onto the plate, and season the tomatoes with salt.
- Make 3 quenelles of olive oil ice cream using iced tea spoons. (Find the recipe for that here). Place them onto the tomatoes. Top with fresh cracked black pepper.Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Provided by UAA Culinary Arts
Photo by Yana A. Popova