The true North staff have some special goodies prepared for the 20th edition.
Annie Brace with Corso Graphics has made a snazzy Alaskan adult coloring page for our True North readers. Download the PDF version here.
Quiz: Which of the four types of Alaskans are you?
What would you do for a three day weekend?
- You spend your weekend seeing your friends by renting a room at the Captain Cook.
- It gives you enough time to plan a camping trip to Denali!
- You spend your entire weekend snowboarding/skiing at Alyeska.
- You don’t get out of your house. Netflix and a warm cup, that’s all you need.
What is your favorite restaurant?
- Nothing is worth more than a good pizza at Moose’s Tooth.
- Glacier Brewhouse is the place to be.
- Chair 5 (Girdwood) after a long day of activities.
- It’s too much work to go outside. It’s either too cold or there is too much traffic. You prefer to order Chinese delivery.
What do you prefer to wear?
- It’s important to be warm during winter. You wear an overall Carhartt or skhoop skirt.
- <li”>You need warm and light clothes for all the activities you do. You usually wear a North Face jacket and/or beanie.
- You believe you can look good any time of the year. You’re not afraid of the cold, you wear a peacoat or knee-high boots.
- Comfort is the most important for you. Sweats and leg warmers are you friends.
What is your ideal winter car?
- You prefer Jeeps, big and solid, you can do anything with it.
- A reliable Subaru that you can take anywhere.
- Cadillac (or VW), good looking and spacious, perfect for going out with friends.
- Ford Focus, good on gas, easy to maintain.
How is your driving on ice?
- Not again! You convince someone to drive you around to avoid a potential accident.
- Finally! You go out and have fun drifting.
- Whatever. Ice does not bother you anymore.
- Ice? Ice! You pull the sheets over your eyes and drift back asleep.
- If the majority of your answers are 1’s, you are an Urban Alaskan. You enjoy going out with your friends, enjoying the music scene or just enjoying a nice dinner out. You like to look good but comfortable even during cold winter days.
- If the majority of your answers are 2’s, you are a Tough Alaskan. You consider yourself to be outdoorsy. You enjoy Alaska a little more during the summer to do more outdoor activities such as camping, fishing and hiking. You enjoy sharing comfort food with friends at your usual spot.
- If the majority of your answers are 3’s, you are an Xtra tough Alaskan. You live for winter. You wait impatiently for winter to go snowboarding, skiing and snowmachining. After a long day you like stopping by your favorite restaurant to enjoy a nice warm meal.
- If the majority of your answers are 4’s, you are an Alaskan Home Body. Every year you try to get through winter by fantasizing about Hawaii. You have a set schedule: Get up and go to work/classes and come back home to sleep. You need comfy clothes while hibernating until spring.